Department of Neurosurgery, MGM Medical College, Indore;
Neuro Society of Indore
Neurosurgeons Research and Welfare Society, Indore
The following announcements come as a special initiative taken by the Indian Society for paediatric Neurosurgery, to train residents. It will work as a platform for dissipation of value based learning modules, with Certification of acquired skills on completion of cycles. Through these endeavors the society seeks to inspire and mentor the budding Paediatric Neuosurgeons.
1. The IndSPN theme for this year is:
"Update on the standard of care and newer perspectives in Paediatric Neurosurgery."
We plan to build up topics around this theme to keep you updated on the present standards of care and the cutting-edge research on the subject.
2. Annual Bhagwati oration- by Dr. Dominic Thompson. He is a Senior Paediatric Neurosurgeon at the Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London (UK). His special interests are in treatment of Paediatric CVJ anomalies, Moya Moya disease and Spinal Dysraphism.
3. Meet the mentor- Career in Paediatric Neurosurgery
4. INDSPN Institutional Rolling Trophy Annual Quiz For Residents/Trainees- This will be an onsite quiz at the annual conference, preceded by a preliminary selection process. The quiz is meant for a team of 2 residents representing an institution.
5. Indian Society Of Paediatric Neurosurgery CME Programme Cycle I - This will be a part of a 3-cycle programme (part of the annual conference). On attending the three consecutive cycles (I, II, III) (or completion of each in any order), the attendee will be awarded the IndSPN Paediatric Neurosurgery course completion certificate. Through 3 cycle CME programme, we aim to cover the basics and advanced essentials of paediatric Neurosurgery through national and International visiting faculty.
6. The Indian Society For Paediatric Neurosurgery Virtual Classroom On Paediatric Neurosurgery Curriculum For Trainees - The Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery is announcing a long-term education endeavor in the form of the INDSPN curriculum webinar for the trainees in their residency programme. Through this, we intend to cover the basics and advanced essentials of paediatric Neurosurgery through national faculty in a traditional format over 24-30 months. Details are available on the website (https://indspn.org/)
Message from The President
Founded in 1990, the Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery is now in its third decade of development. Not only will India be one of the few countries in Asia to have a large pediatric population in the next two decades, but is conceivable that we may have to provide the lead in training in a speciality where we have the advantage of numbers. Our Society is at a forefront of activities in the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, where we are the country with the second largest number of members.
We are also actively involved in advocacy for folic acid fortification in the world, and your President had represented the case at the Neurosummit preceeding the G20 meeting in Bali this year.
It is now time to consolidate and retrospect as we must get more neurosurgeons involved in the neurosurgery of children to become members of our Society. We also need to strengthen the avenues of providing pediatric neurosurgical education in our country, and we seek to support neurosurgeons in different corners of the nation. Our Secretary Prof Udayakumaran has been particularly proactive in this issue.
I do hope all our members will attend the annual conference in Indore in February 2023 in large numbers, and may I request each member to bring along one neurosurgeon who is not our member but who should become one in view of his pediatric practice.
Dr Rakesh Gupta has left no stone unturned to provide for a first-class scientific and social meeting as we meet after the cloud of the pandemic, and may I request each member to try and make it to the meeting.
We are also organizing a satellite meeting In Kolkata and the Sunderbans immediately after the national meeting, and may I encourage you to visit this geographical terrain unmatched in natural beauty as we spread the meeting between Kolkata and this delta of the Ganges and the only natural habitat of the Bengal tiger.
I hope all of you have a great year ahead !
Dr. Sandip Chatterjee
President, Indian Society For Paediatric Neurosurgery
Message from The Secretary
Greetings from the IndSPN office bearers!
As a representative of the society, I welcome you to the annual meeting of the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery.
The Organizing team led by Prof. Rakesh Gupta is working very hard towards an excellent education and scientific spectacle in the city of Indore, known for its clean tag, educational institutions and temples.
At Indore, we are embarking on InDSPN CME Programme; the completion of three cycles will award the attendee Paediatric Neurosurgery course completion certificate from the society. On similar lines, the IndSPN has lined up more educational activities. including Paediatric neurosurgery updates, quiz, meet the mentor programme etc.
Not only for the trainees and young neurosurgeons but the section on updates on the current standards of neurosurgery is meant for senior and younger neurosurgeons alike, who, in their busy careers, find it difficult to catch up with current standards. Along with the educational activity, you can expect great networking and exchange of ideas with the international and national faculties and friends.
As a society, the IndSPN is looking forward to moving with time to improve the health and well.-being of the children of our country.
Please join us in this responsibility through this great educational programme and a celebration of the Indian society for Paediatric Neurosurgery.
Dr. SUHAS UDAYAKUMARAN
Secretary, Indian Society For Paediatric Neurosurgery
Message from the Organizing Committee
On behalf of the local organizing team, we welcome you all to the 33rd INDSPNCON-2023, to be held
at MGMMC, Indore from 3rd – 5th of February 2023.
Indian society of paediatric neurosurgery team has conceived a very informative and updated
scientific programme, and entrusted Team Indore (local organizers), with the responsibility of bringing it
to reality. Team Indore is leaving no stone unturned to realize this dream & vision.
Indore is the cultural, financial & trade capital of Madhya Pradesh. It is famous for its cleanliness and
hospitality. It’s culinary gastronomique and picturesque locales are well known. Within its 60 km
radius are places of religious and historical significance, making it an ideal venue to visit with family.
Please block the dates and become a part of this event.
Dr Rakesh Gupta
Dr Zafar Sheikh